Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resoulutions...

Do you make them? I am not a fan of New Years resolutions....First because they almost always get broken, so why bother. Second because I think if you really want to make changes in your life and if you are really serious about them you wouldn't have waited til New Year's to do so...

I have decided to not make resolutions but to make "continuations"...to build on things I have already started, to refine them or make them better. Some are important while others are completely superficial. There are quite a few, so here it goes...

1. To continue to go to the gym at least three times per week. To continue building up my speed at which I run on the treadmill and to finally find my bum.

2. To learn more about photography, which is something I am really interested in. I bought a nice Nikon D60 back in the Spring and recently bought a Nikor 50mm f1.8 lens to go with it. I may try a self learning approach or maybe a class or two.

3. To learn some new recipes for dinner. It has only been in the last few months that I finally begun cooking dinner, a task that up until then has been Phil's. I am going to try a few more creative meals this year and conquer my fear of a horrid dinner.

4. I am going to continue taking better care of my skin. I fear wrinkles like the plague and have been very anal lately about which products I use. My skin feels and looks great, so I want to keep it that way.

5. I think the only real "change" I am going to make this year is to slowly become a vegetarian, with the exception of fish. I really do love a good ole juicy steak but after a lot of reading I have come to realize how grossly unhealthy most of the meat we eat truly is. For now I am cutting out red meat and pork and will slowly cut out my yummy chicken. Wish me luck, I have a very meat loving husband.

What about you guys, any resolutions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't make resolutions. They are very easily broken, forgotten or dismissed within seconds of making them. I am going to continue to work on those things that I started working on the previous year.

Can't wait to read all that is in store this year for your family!

This Mama said...

ooh Clover has the N D40 and I am always asking her "can I try? can I try?" - nice choice on the camera.

We do make resolutions, at least we did last year but - like you they are more "continuations". A evaluation of what is working, what is not.

Good for you with keeping up with the gym! (whew) once you get in the habit it does feel so good (has been far far too many years for me though).

You are looking fabulous with the skin - are you still using that Proactiv? Do you think going to the gym helped with you skin too?

Jenn said...

Hey Mandy, hope you guys had a great holiday!! I am still using the Proactive but I use a different moisturizer, the Proactive one was crap. My worst habbit is not washing my face before bed. I am usually so tire I pass out but I am working on it!! The Botox helps too!!LOL

Sebrina Wilson said...

These are great Jenn! Taking care of yourself is such a great "resolution"

The lens you bought is great. If you really want to "self learn" then I recommend Flickr. If you get invloved in some of the groups and just look at the lovely phot's all of the talented people over there are taking you will grow so much. I want to reccomend a book too. It's called "Understanding Exposure" by Brian Peterson. Such an informative book.. really great!

Sarah said...

I always make a ton of resolutions at the beginning of the year. I typically take about 10-25% of them seriously. I just think it's good to write them out though--helps them sink a bit deeper into one's conscious mind.

Good for you with the running and vegetarianism. I lost a good deal of "puff" with going veggie. And my skin got a lot, lot better too. Have fun!

This Mama said...

Yes, the proactiv one is crappy! I only use the first stage, and the third (though I am still not entirely sure what the third does except the smell/texture makes me want to puke).
I am so ready to be the next candidate for a face transplant I am so frustrated with my skin - but I do not want to take the meds because I am a little wary of anything that requires you to get your blood work tested every month for liver damage...hmmmm, no thanks.