Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bullet Post

I have very little time as of late to write much of anything here but I will give it a try...

* Sam is sick. This may not sound like a big deal but let me tell you when that blue eyed, blond haired baby is sick-WATCH OUT! The kid becomes what we affectionately call Little Stalin. To say he is miserable and grouchy would be a gross understatement, what would be more accurate would be to say he is a cantankerous dictator. We went to the doctor last night and he is now on antibiotics to clear up what we are assuming is a nasty chest infection.

* Today we start the arduous and stressful process of picking out all the new stuff for the interior of the new house. I am feeling more than a bit overwhelmed with the amount of things that need to be decided upon and am hoping that I don't pick wrong and end up living in an unmatching horror story.

* I have developed a new hatred of my fellow Y work outers. This week it is the one's who choose the treadmills with the TV's in them and then do not watch TV. If you are going to listen to your IPOD and not watch TV then head over to the TV-less treadmills. I actually felt my fists clench when this annoying woman took the last good treadmill and then proceeded to read a magazine.

* I also have decided that to those of you that feel the need to pass gas while running and think that the rest of us don't hear it or smell it, well let's just say there is a special place in Hell for you.

* Kelsey is writing midterms right now and because she attends a semestered school she has a whopping two to write. Then she gets almost two weeks off school to allow the grade 12 students to write their diploma exams in peace and to have extra study time. What a joke. I attended a non-semestered school, had five exams to write at a time and didn't get a day off for anything. I don't think we even got extra study time in University!

* Wil has foul poop again and without going into too much detail I am seriously considering have the nerves that conduct impulses to my nose surgically removed.

* Then there is this....

This is Freda. The woman has been an icon in our neck of the woods since I was in junior high school. At that time she could still walk and would frequent the community shopping center that myself and all my friends worked at. Freda is not handicapped per se, she is simply too big to walk now. Years ago we would see her waddle her way into the stores and we would all call each other to let the other know that we had a sighting, it was probably cruel and most definitely immature, and I would like to say that we have grown up since then....Sadly as evidenced by my husbands recent cell phone pictures we have not. In this shot Freda, in her electric chair, that she rides side saddle in, decided against going in to get her coffee and instead went through the drive-thru. Freda is probably the rudest and most foul person I have ever met. Freda does not think twice about ramming you in her chair, cutting ahead of you in line at Walmart, and seen here, butting in line at Tim Horton's. Up until recently there was a Facebook group dedicated to Freda sightings, but sadly it got taken down because these shots would have been perfect.
I should also add that Freda is married to "Lurch" you know the guy from the Adam's family? Although, no one has seen him recently and we are thinking Freda may have eaten him.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many times has Wil been on Flagyll? You might ask your doctor about Alinia. It's what Emmanuel eventually had to go on to clear his giardia up (he had a couple of other parasites too).

Jenn said...

Hey Corey, this will be round 4. He also was on Biaxcin for another intestinal bacteria. I am at my witts end with poop.

This Mama said...

Robbie is the same way when he is sick and it makes it really difficult to feel compassion sometimes as horrible as that sounds. Yikes. It is exhausting. I am sure with the whole poop thing to top it off - no wonder
why you want to take everyone out at your gym.

Hope things settle for you soon!

Thomas said...

Gross, gross gross. You hit on all the major gross factors, mucous in the chest cold, farts and morbidly obese people on hover round giddy up carts, and persisitent diarrhea. EEWWWW!

Steph, G's Mom said...

um our walmart is awash in fredas. many of ours also seem unwilling to ever wash their hair or have teeth.

kinda gross.

i have no idea how we escaped having giardia, but we did get scabies. luckily one tx cleared it up. i feel for ya tho. i'd rather deal with microbes on skin than microbes in poop.

Mamato2 said...

Agreeing on the gym gas, but what the heck is this about how your semestered system operates- WHAT!? I teach at a semestered highschool and we do all for exams with exactly one DAY of turn around time and then back into semester two for teachers AND kids. Today was day 2. :)
Hope LS gets healthy!

Kristen Howerton said...

I second Corey's suggestion for Alinia. It also knocked it out for us.

Ahh Freda - I think there is one in every town.

Elder Cook said...

Sorry Sam is sick that is never fun. Hope he is on the mend.