Monday, January 26, 2009

Blame Sarah...

For those of you that do not want to here about cabinets, floors, paint, and more, I suggest you skip over this one. The rest of you can blame my wonderful friend Sarah for the following....

Ok, I am thinking hardwood is the way to go. I went to the kitchen place today to preview the choices before our appointment next week. In part to help provide some clarity to myself and in part to spare the poor sales person from my incoherent rambling and indecisiveness. I was on a hunt for nice wood cabinets, not super dark and not maple, which is what we have now. It was not a simple task. I picked a few and got some samples to come home with. I think I hate them all. One is too dark, one is too weird, and the other isn't even wood color, it's cream. I hate kitchen cupboards now.

I have decided to try and choose something less stressful and have moved from stain color to cabinet style.







These are a few that I like. The top piece is the drawer fronts and the bottom is the cupboard. The one that has a flat drawer piece can be altered to have a matching raised drawer front if we want....These are just done in a natural finsih and I will pick the finish after. The ceilings are nine feet in the kitchen and the cabinets will go right to the ceiling. They will be normal cupboards and then the top will be glass fron smaller cabinets. I need to decide on which glass fronts I like as well.....

10 comments:

Ericka said...

For some reason I really like the second one.....

Anonymous said...

I like the second one. I HATE the fourth one. (too busy) If you pick #4, we cannot be friends any more.

Just kidding. Kind of.

Thomas said...

I am a little biased here as our cabinets are the first ones in your post, but I vote for them anyhow. I have maple right now which is nice, but when we just finished our basement, I opted for the same face and style, but the interior decorator found a darker wood, but not Mahogany dark. It's stain color is called Paprika and is a rich, warm darkish brown/brunette color. I matched that with an electric blue granite countertop and it is well, my opinion, stunning. I plan on replacing my kitchen counter tops with the blue granite we put in downstair at the bar because it is so dramatic.

Jenn said...

You both picked my favorite...and the most expensive! I will put a couple more choices on later.

Nadia said...

I like number 4..if not then number 1..personally I think number 4 looks like it should be in a cabin in the woods..it's so plain?!

Adventures of A n Z said...

what is the architectural style of the house, craftsman, colonial, etc?

Jenn said...

I am thinking a craftsman or mission like style. We have 12 ft cceilings in the main family room that are vaulted to 16 feet, with three exposed wood beams. The fireplace seperates the family room from the nook of the kitchen and is all rock. The floors will be all hardwood and the wall color will be neutral.

I don't like fancy stuff of stuff with too much detail, likew weird fluted stuff and finnials. I love Pottery Barn, imperfect looking wood furniture.

Nadia said...

ok, i'm loosing it..I meant number 2!

Sarah said...

I'll gladly take the blame--this is fun! :)

I LOVE the 3rd. . the Strausburg. It looks very Craftsman to me, but I think it would blend well with the mission style as well.

I love Craftsman. My first home was a true, honest-to-God Sears Craftsman bungalow built right off the Sears truck. There's a wonderful coffee table book about the homes, and I drool everytime I bring it out.

Anonymous said...

I am very much impressed by your blog, you can find more Bar Cabinets from spacify.com