Friday, January 2, 2009

Sledding fun...

I was born and raised right here in Canada and yet I still have not gotten used to cold temperatures. In fact, I hate Winter. I am not sure if hate is even a strong enough word to describe the way I feel about it....


Yesterday I decided to go against my love of warmth and join everyone in tobogganing...and it was actually fun! Sam is a complete daredevil and just jumps on and goes, without any fear of personal safety. I was curious to see how Wil was going to do since he has not quite acclimated to the frigid temperatures yet....but, he LOVED it! He does get this look on his face when we go outside and it's really cold out, kind of a "what the hell is wrong with you people" kind of look....






Sam was in his glory on the hill. He flew off more than a few times and not a tear was shed. He just grabbed his sled and ran right back to the top to go again. It was pretty funny considering how nervous he usually is about stuff like this. That night when I was laying with him in bed he said "I got a good 'dea (idea), let's go get me my own sled tomorrow!" I told him we would go out and see if any were still on the store shelves. This morning we found a nice shiny, red sled. Sam is thrilled. Wil was way braver than I thought he would be. He sat on the sled with a perma grin on his face the entire time. About half way down each run he would start laughing. After one wipe out he was still smiling.
As per usual in my house when I went to get some Winter gear on, everything of mine was nowhere to be found. I ended up in Kelsey's jacket, a spare toque, and Grace's gloves.

Grace loved it as usual. She is the kind of kid who finds fun in pretty much anything. Taking Wil down the hill was her favorite part of the day. Check out his grin!


My sister looking ever so stylish in her matching Winter ensemble and me in my potpourri of clothing.

Sam and Wil taking a break.


Phil wearing a hat that everyone including myself think is underwear.


My niece Audrey, was not too thrilled about the experience.



My nephew Jack, was a complete tard on the hill and in typical boy fashion loved every second of it!

8 comments:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Looks like great fun!! I took the girls out yesterday morning and taught them how to sled, and our plans are to go tomorrow afternoon if warm enough.

Thanks for the reminder as to how fun it is.

aves

Christina said...

We took the kids out last week when we had a huge amount of snow and no matter how often the girls wiped out they still loved it, that was so unexpected. I thought they wouldn't last in the cold : )

Not Betty Crocker said...

These pictures are great-are they with your new camera/lens? I know nothing about photography. Looks like a fun day! Your kids are all so cute.

Adventures of A n Z said...

looks like fun it as 60 and sunny here today.

i would like a little snow to go sledding in. Unfortunately, all we usually get is ice.

veggiemom said...

Looks like great fun...well, as much fun as you can have without climate control.

Steph, G's Mom said...

Hi Jen! So nice to read your funny blog again. I hope you'll keep it open. I love to hear you use the word "tard" i had forgotten about that word...am thinking of a way to work it into my writing LOL

wil looks SO FAB even in all the winter gear, it's amazing how filled out he is. he looks nothing like that thin little grasshopper boy!

what a blessing that he became yours.

Sarah said...

Love all the pics! I'm not a huge winter fan, but it is fun to take the kids sledding.

For the record, I am totally envious of those people like your sister who match in winter gear. I can never find my stuff either. At times I've worn un-matching gloves, too. Ugh.

Isabelle said...

Thankyou Jen to let us read you, I was missing it! Will has changed so much!
Isa