Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008...a year in pictures.


January- We spent eight great days in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico with my sister's family and our neighbours. It was warm, relaxing, and a lot of fun. We ate too much, drank too much, and generally became a complete bunch of sloths.








February- This was the month that "I didn't do it" came to visit our house for the umpteenth time. This time the pantry door was the unfortunate victim.




Ty's team won their hockey tournament in an awesome game.





Grace started English riding lessons.




March- Sammy began his skating lessons in hopes of becoming a future NHL star.





It continued to snow....





I continued to make lunches and began to long for the Summer to come...





April- Phil and I headed to Vegas, after all we were told Wil would be home any day and we wanted one last grown up vacation. We all know how that panned out....







May- I had the arduous and ridiculous task of sewing dozens of terry cloth strips to a unitard for Grace's musical theater recital.






June- Kelsey graduated from junior high and was now high school bound....




The "blower-slide" thingy was purchased and was about to become the hit of the Summer....


Grace and her friend Zoe, made slide rules to ensure a safe and fun time was had by all.





July- Wil FINALLY came home...







August- There was Star Wars birthdays....





Trips to Kelowna...



September- Brought back to school.




...and yummy pies!


October- Brought Halloween fun...






November- Was our first family vacation of seven...to Mexico, of course!





December- Christmas, of course!


...and Phil in weird long john's.

9 comments:

veggiemom said...

Looks like it was a great year. Hope 2009 is just as good...well, maybe without the weird long johns though. ;0)

Lisa said...

What a great idea with the year of photos! HAPPY NEW YEAR BUDDY!

Adventures of A n Z said...

Have a safe and happy new year!

M, C, A and Z

This Mama said...

oh my word that was awesome...I think I burst out laughing at the last one...do you get in shit at your house for the photos you choose to post? People here always are watching over my shoulder...hehe I also had a double take at your Halloween shot as I thought someone was dressed as Jesus.
Happy New Year Jen and family!

Ashton said...

Looks like an amazing year! You have a beautiful family! Best wishes in 2009!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Mandy, My family is blissfully unaware of the blog and I plan on keeping it that way!

My newphew was dressed as Obi Wan Kenobi and while it does look a tad like Jesus we think he resembles the Burger King guy....

January 1, 2009 1:48 PM

Kristen Howerton said...

Looks like a year of fun. If you ever go to Vegas again, you better email me. . . we are a short road trip away. :)

Mamato2 said...

A year in pics- what a great idea!! May this next year be even better!