Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend in review...

It is cold here, and when I say cold I mean really freakin' cold. This morning was a wonderful minus 40 with the windchill. It's so cold that if you breath in through your nose while outside your nostrils stick together and while this is fun, it is not fun enough to excuse the temperatures. Since it has been so hellish outside we spent most of the weekend inside.

Saturday while Phil was at work I worked on painting the basement which is not fun to do while watching five kids as well. Whenever I am busy with a particular task the kids get busy on torching the house. So for every wall that got painted a room upstairs got messed up. Saturday night was my mom and her husbands pseudo Christmas dinner. The past two years they have escaped the tundra and gone to Hawaii or Mexico so we do our gifts and dinner a bit early. They rent out the party room in their apartment to avoid the destruction of their trendy downtown pad and we avoid the stress of our children spilling, smashing, screaming, etc...

Wil was big into opening presents, not so much what was inside but the actual act of opening was a big hit.


Wil checking out his new "machines".


This was an attempt to get a shot of my sister, mom, and myself, but Phil is brutal with a camera.



He spent most of the evening trying to get shots of me bending over...



...or in this case down my sister's shirt. He is real high class kind of guy.



Kelsey got a new camera and was pretty pumped. She loves to take pictures of her friends and is usually the one behind the camera on vacations as well.
Ty got yet another gaming system, which is just what he needs to add to his collection. I call him my "nerd" when he is down in the basement playing his nerd games with other nerds online.


Grace got a pile of new clothes from grandma, a HS3 board game (which I am hoping I will never have to play), and a bunch of new stuff. She is just happy to get her picture taken, now that she is the official middle child she tends to get lost in the shuffle. poor kid.







Sam, my little baby had a grand time running around with his cousins, getting into trouble, and eating more chocolate than actual dinner.




All in all it was a good night and the kids were kept busy on Sunday when we stuck close to home as the temperatures dropped to about minus 45 with the windchill....

3 comments:

Adventures of A n Z said...

looks like fun!

Ericka said...

Phew, you got us beat on cold-ness!
I have a gaming nerd too. ugh.
Jen, you, your sis and mom are gorgeous!

Thomas said...

After the blizzard died down a bit, I actually sent the kids outside to play. It was a survival of the fittest moment and they needed to get away from me to survive!! :)