Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008



Well another year has passed and I am EXHAUSTED!! I am not sure why Christmas and the festivities that go with it are so draining but man am I tired. My house did and still does resemble a frat house. I have about ten loads of laundry, washed and folded and still needing to be put away. I need to change sheets on beds before they get up and wash themselves. I still need to hang up the new clothes all the kids got for Christmas and put away the mountains of toys....




Phil and I got the little kids to bed on Christmas eve after a few rousing games of Big Brain Academy on the Wii. We hoped to get the Santa gifts out, fill the stockings and go to bed but we ended up watching some stupid movie on Movie Central and didn't get to be until way after one in the morning.







This is Wil checking out one of many new cars he got this year. It came with a plastic stop sign which held his attention much longer than the car itself.












Grace is opening her stocking with a little help from Wil. Once Wil learned what unwrapping was all about he was a mad man, unwrapping any gift he could get his hands on, regardless of if it was his to open.










Now I know it's cold this time of year but we still cannot explain why Ty came upstairs wrapped in a Mexican blanket with a toque on. He is not really that normal...















Kelsey racked in the new clothes this year. It was all she asked for and I swear it was waist high when she was done unwrapping. Then she spent nine hours yesterday going Boxing Day shopping...












Sam was thrilled that Santa remembered what he had told him and brought a big pile of Speed Racers. I was just happy the girl at Toys R Us knew what Speed Racers were and was able to point me in the right direction.

















Wil loved the Smarties in his stocking and wouldn't put them down for much of the day.












The kids and I opening gifts. I tend to get very dressed up for Christmas morning. Can't you tell?









Sam got a new Darth Vader costume, which was a big hit.










Even Wil got in on the Darth action!







Remember what I said about a clean house?? Obviously doesn't hold true for Christmas morning!

2 comments:

veggiemom said...

Looks like a great Christmas!!!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful Christmas morning! Looks like everyone had a great time :

I am still trying to figure out where I'm going to put everything. Sigh.