Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wil Update....

I haven't posted much of an update on Wil and how he is doing in a while, so here it goes...as of Saturday he has been home for five months, hard to believe. Health wise he is doing really well other than the battle with giarrdia and a cold he has had for the past couple days he has been very healthy. He picks up new words daily and strings two or three together now to make "sentences". His faves are "Sam, let go" and " I want______(insert whatever he sees)". Although he and Sam still battle it has gotten better. Sam no longer despises Wil, more of a minor disdain. They do play together a bit more now and as long as Wil plays the way Sam feels is the "correct" way, all is good.

Food issues are slowly disappearing and if he doesn't get food the minute he sees it he no longer throws himself on the floor and wails. We do time outs now and all I have to say is "do you want a time-out?" and the behavior in question stops. He is also leaving food on his plate now when he feels full instead of gorging until he hurls, which is nice.

His favorite thing to say right now is "why". I must hear it about 300 times a day, no exaggeration. I have given up trying to explain why that many times a day and have resorted to the parental standard of "because I said so".

Sleep is wonderful. He goes down without a sound around 7:30 and sleeps through the night until about 8 am. I am still putting him down for a nap each day, more for me than him, but he doesn't object and sleeps for about an hour.

He still has a shoe fetish and if someone takes his slippers or shoes he is rightfully pissed and lets it known to all with eardrums. He is pretty good at getting his pants, shoes, and socks on by himself which is more than I can say for Sam. He loves toys, especially the Little People guys, who we lovingly refer to as the "Roloffs".

It is truly amazing how far he has come in five months.

7 comments:

veggiemom said...

Isn't it amazing what can happen in 5 months! Glad he's doing so well!

Adventures of A n Z said...

wow you can tell they were all raised together, my kids love shoes, asking why insesintly, Will looks great!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the update. I always wonder how he is doing, what is his language like, how long does that take etc. So thanks so much.

This Mama said...

Thanks for the update Jen - I love that photo you posted (the what to do when it is -30) VERY cute!

Ericka said...

Jen, you are SO bad. But I must be too, because I"m laughing out loud (Roloffs).
He really is a little doll face :)

Jody said...

It sounds like he is doing well!!

He's extremely cute too.

Lisa said...

That is freakin' fantastic!!! So happy for Wil! Yay! And happy for you all too.