Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A trip to see Brit....

Now I should qualify all of this by saying that I am not a huge Britney Spears fan. I could take her or leave her but my sister and both mu daughters are die hard fans. Several months ago it was announced that Britney was coming to Canada on tour and my sister and oldest daughter announced that they would be going wherever they could to see her. Unfortunately she didn't come here but she did have a stop on her tour in a neighbouring city about three hours North of here. I agreed to go so that Grace could go too and so that my sister would have some adult company. Eventually it turned into a party of eight. The morning the tickets went on sale my sister went online and hit "best seats available"....well we got the best seats and the hefty price tag as well. The show was pretty good and my girls loved it. I thought my back was going to split open from five hours of standing. I guess the best seats are not actual seats but merely a spot in front of the stage for you to stand.

We had to arrive at the show at 4:15 to get our tickets and backstage passes. We and about 75 other were ushered into a room all set up with food and a bar and numerous circus performers. They called us up in groups of about 12 to go backstage on a tour.We were able to see the props and costumes and how the show worked, which was pretty cool. After the tour we had some more food and were able to head out onto the floor. We were literally an arms length from the stage with no one on front of us! When Britney was on stage we could have touch her, if the giant security guards would have let us!

While I would have rather bought new living room furniture with the money it was a lot of fun to get away with just my girls.






**excuse the picture quality, they were taken on my phone**

1 comment:

Jody said...

hee hee hee.

I would like to see her one day too, just don't tell anyone :)