Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lists are my nemesis...

I make lists. I lose lists. I get sick of looking at lists and throw them out. I then make new lists. My newest list is staring at me from the side of the fridge. It is long, it is a bit daunting, and it is a royal pain in the arse. We are down to a few weeks before we have to list the house and to say I am dreading it would be the understatement of the year. The mere thought of keeping my house "show home" ready 24 hours a day, seven days a week is enough to give me an ulcer. I have no idea how I am going to do it, with five kids, a cat, and a husband who works six days a week.

Each day I make myself accomplish at least one of two things from the list. Yesterday was my attempt at making our crowded, dull, and ugly mudroom look bright, large, and inviting. I emptied out all the Winter crap, filled the dings in the walls, replaced light bulbs, scrubbed the baseboards, and the floors. Today I will paint and sand the dings and try to find a bright rug to make the room look less revolting. On Sunday I scaled a ladder onto a bookshelf to get my butt up to the this stupid plant ledge we have in the front entrance of the house. All of that just to dust and change a light bulb that is only accessible from that angle. I hate heights and getting down was brutal, although Phil found it comical.

I have carpet cleaners coming next week to clean the basement carpet, furnace cleaners a few days later. The carpet in the rest of the house is being replaced and I will be madly painting baseboards, doors, and closets till the wee hours of the morning I am sure. As soon as all of that is done I have window cleaners coming and a company to clean the blinds. I will not attempt blind cleaning again, it sucks the life right out of you.

The new house is framed, the windows are in, the basement cement was just poured and as soon as it sets the basement will be framed. I will post some pictures soon, as soon as I find my camera....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You poor thing! Prepping a house for sale is the worse, and second is attempting to keep it show ready, and the third is trying to figure out what the heck to do with everyone while people are taking their time going through your house. Can you tell that I abhor moving too :)

Hang in there!