Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random points

* We are headed back to the doctor on Thursday to figure out what to do about Wil and his nasty poops. It has been nine and a half months of grossness and this mom is done! Many have suggested Alinia as a med to try to combat the grossness. I was going to suggest it to my doc this week but after some online research I came to find out that even though the drug is made and manufactured in Canada, it is not available for prescription here. Makes sense, right?

* We also need to find some kind of cream/lotion that will combat the dry skin. Poor guy's skin will get so dry that he scratch it until it bleeds. I am pretty sure we have tried everything on the market but any and all suggestions are welcome.

* The new house is coming along nicely. We now have windows, plumbing, shingles, and most of the heating done. I am hoping they don't move too quickly as we still have to get this house on the market. Although now my husband is suggesting we hold on to it for a while and rent it out. The thought of being landlord is enough to make me ill, so here's to hoping he changes his mind on that one.

* It snowed here again this week and I am crossing my fingers that we are officially done with Winter now. Although it has snowed here in almost every month of the year. I am not kidding. I can remember being a teenager at a party and coming outside to find snow coming down-in August! Why I live here is a mystery to me....

* I have officially become a vegetarian. No more meat....I am still on the fence with fish and whether or not it will be considered meat or not....I really like fish...I just read the book "Skinny Bitch" and I dare any of you to read it and then continue eating meat. Seriously.

* I am now well into my detox of my beloved diet coke. It has been at least three weeks since the nectar of the gods has passed my lips. The headaches that felt like a vice on my head have lessened but I still crave it like crazy!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your conversion to the veggie life! One more convert for our ranks, lol ;) I dare anyone to read An Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan and not go veggie. Even Cliff is 80% there.

Have you tried warm olive oil on Wil? That's what I do for Atticus and Paloma and their severe eczema. That and Nordic Naturals' Omega 3-6-9. Together it has done wonders.

Landlords? Oh my. Smack some sense into that man!

Adventures of A n Z said...

Z has eczema and we use shea butter; aquaphor or cerave. I like the aquaphor best but it tends to be a little greasy. We also have some steroid cream when the flair ups get bad.

Why the new found healthiness, specifically the abandonment of Diet Coke?

Kristen Howerton said...

If you get a px for Alinia, could you mail it to me? I could pick it up at Target. That is what finally worked when we had it.

For the skin, nothing is perfect. We use Aveeno's cream in a tub, and after bath we use baby oil and then immediately slather him in Eucerin ointment (from the tub). And then we put the pj's on quick, because it's a big ole greasy mess.

Jenn said...

Thanks guýs, I am seeing the dr tomorrow morning and I will talk to him about our next step in clearing up the gross poop. I will do another stool sample just to double check that its giardia we are dealing with...as excited as this may make you-i will keep you posted!

Lisa said...

george's cream. Seriously, when Ayana came home she was covered in scabs from extreme dry skin. Legs, arms, it was horrible! I tried lots of different things, but my BF has excema (sp?) and she recommended it and in 3 days ALL of her scabbing was clear and we have had zero problems ever since. I used to put it on twice a day and now I only have to put it on at night.