Sunday, July 12, 2009

Part 7...

I was happy to get home and find that it was nice and warm outside and couldn't help but wonder how Wil would have reacted if we brought him home in the winter. I was preparing myself for a fight to get him into the car seat but to my surprise he just sat there and looked out the window. It wasn't more than 10 minutes and he was asleep. I am sure the amount of sleeping he was doing was not a physical need but more of an emotional one. If he was asleep we didn't exist, make sense? We arrived home as a caravan of cars and brought Wil into the house. The kids had decorated with balloons and streamers and hung their sign on the garage door.


More people arrived and Wil did very well. He was shy until the balloons came down and then he had a blast throwing them in the air and catching them. Everyone wanted a chance to hold him or cuddle him and he seemed ok with it, except for the men, he was not too sure about them, can you blame him?
Wil and the kids....






I realized about an hour or two into the party that I was exhausted. A tired that I cannot explain. It gripped every inch of my body and I truly felt close to tears. I am not sure if it was simply being so physically tired or if it was the combination of that and the emotional roller coaster I had just been on. What I did know was that I wanted to go to bed...for a week. People soon started to file out and before I knew it my house seemed empty. Sam went to bed with Phil, Grace was passed out on the couch, and Wil was looking at me like he had just been on a week long bender, talk about over stimulation! I brought him upstairs and tucked him into bed. He rolled over and without a sound went to sleep. I couldn't help but pause at the bedroom door and watch my two boys sleeping. That little bed has been waiting for a warm body for a long time and after all that time he was here....

and the fun begins....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing---I loved reading it! What a journey, indeed :)