Friday, February 27, 2009

Is it May yet???

...and why oh why, do I live here? It is cold and nasty outside and I like many others am completely "wintered" out!

Last night my sister and I were at the lighting store trying to choose the lighting for the new house. It was painful to say the least. We get there and she asks for my floor plans, which of course I didn't bring because I was told on the phone that they had them. The woman looked at me like I was a complete retard and I returned the look to her. I also threw in a look of disdain for her poly cotton, pastel sweater. I finally got a hold of our sales guy at the show home and asked him to fax over our floor plans, which he did, but they were my sister's and not mine. I called him back, but he didn't answer. I then had to call Phil and ask him to drive to the show home, which he did. What a pain in the arse.

The woman asked what type of look I was going for and I told her craftsman, mission, simple lines and not a lot of detail. This must have translated to gaudy, tacky, finial encrusted crap to her. At first we simply smiled while she led us around looking at what to me, looked like it should adorn the walls of Graceland. After a while we just told her it was ugly and ventured out into the massively over lit store on our own while she ran behind us with her clipboard. The worst part is that everything is hung from the ceiling so you walk around like a complete moron with your head cranked backwards for two hours.

Today I am off to design the built-ins for the mudroom....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooo, I wanna see the mudroom plans!

Your light story cracks me up! What is up with that over-romaticized/pseudo-Graceland crap that is everywhere these days? We went to a Trailer and RV Show, and nearly every single one had Tuscan-style wall painting and decor. In a camping trailer. Good grief.

Nikki said...

I am wintered out as well.... i want spring!!! I just got back from Ethiopia and it was so warm there... back to the COLD!