Saturday, February 21, 2009

A quick synopsis....

I am not sure why but lately I simply feel blogged out. It's not that I don't have anything to say or report, it is probably more likely that I have so much going on that I don't know where to start. This month has been crazy busy, from vacations and dentists appointments to new house stuff and kids activities, I am unsure if I actually sat at all. February and March is dentist and orthodontist month around here and all five kids needed cleanings, Grace had a cavity and is going for her ortho consult as well. Taking five kids to two different dentists and trying to not lose your mind in the process has been challenging. Thankfully we are almost done and have six more months before we have to repeat the saga again.

The real estate market sucks for lack of a better word and we are trying to finish the things that need fixing around this house so we can have it appraised next month and on the market by the first of May. I thought I kept our house in good shape but now that it is time to sell it I am realizing how many little things to need to be done beforehand.

The new house is slowly liquefying my brain and I am considering admitting myself to the psych unit on a voluntary 72 hour hold. I figure a few days in the loony bin would be a nice reprieve. We have almost conquered the list of suppliers we need to visit and have come to a mutual consensus (read: i win) on almost everything for the house. It SHOULD be all done by the first week of March and then I can try and relax.

I am now looking at Summer horse camps for Grace and swimming lessons for Wil and Sam. Wil is fearless in the water...and I mean fearless. He submerges himself completely and opens his eyes under the water, absolutely no fear. Hockey is almost done and the play-offs are just around the corner. Part of me hopes they go far and the other part hopes that lose right away and I can call hockey season over for yet another year.

The snow is still around but it is sunny and somewhat pleasant outside lately. This in no way means Winter is over, in fact we are sure to have at least another two or three blizzards and at least another 6 weeks of snow before Spring shows up. I am dying to get outside in bare feet, cut my lawn, and plant my annuals. I can only do Winter for so long before suicidal ideations start creeping in. I am thinking of statrting Sam in golf lessons this Spring, not because I really want him to play but because the little baby clubs are so cute.

That's all I got for now...

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

Send me your email please.

Ericka said...

I hear 'ya. I think it's called February - itis.

Jody said...

I am still looking forward to your final opinion on The Bachelor.

I imagine it'll be a good one.