Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New House Run-Down....

Last week we met with the first of about a gazillion suppliers to select the interior stuff for the house. We managed to get the plumbing done with no fighting and no bloodshed. You may think toilets and sinks are easy but I beg to differ. We then headed to the appliance place to do what I thought of as a simple task. I think it would be fair to say that the birth of my 10.5 lb baby was less painful and possibly faster.



We agreed that we wanted to keep as many of the appliances from the same manufacturer as we could to eliminate the discrepancy of different stainless steel colors. Who knew that there was even was a discrepancy! We went back and forth on the range until it got to the point that we took the quotes home and fought, I mean discussed, it at home.




I know that seems simple but let me tell you it wasn't. I love my husband but there were a few moments I considered killing him and hiding his body in a wall oven.



So tomorrow is the BIG day, the day we select our kitchen cabinets, stain colors, and kitchen layout. My head is throbbing with the multitude of choices and the fear of selecting the wrong one. I think we have decided on cream colored cabinets and a dark, almost black, distressed island.
Kind of like this....




As for the actual layout, I am completely lost on that one. My biggest choice right now is the hood fan, I know...thought provoking.
There is this kind....


...or this kind.


...or this?

or how about this?



or this??


HELP!!!!!

6 comments:

Mamato2 said...

The LAST one!! LOVE it!

Adventures of A n Z said...

either do a stainless steel industrial style hood or do a wood one to match the stain of the island. either way it beaks up a long wall of cream colored cabinets.

Ericka said...

This is fun!
I love the first one and you can stick things in the little cabinets - I really like the desgin on the wall behind it too.

Jody said...

I have to give you credit, I did not "allow" my hubby to have an opinion on all that stuff. It worked well for us. He drew up the house, picked alot of the stuff on the outside, but I did the interior.

I love your cabinet color choice, it'll look sharp

Sarah said...

#4 is my favorite, then #3. I completely agree w/Michelle thought about breaking up the big wall of cream colored cabinets. I don't like the one with the plant thing. . too busy.

Love the appliances!

What are you doing with the laundry room? I could dream away DAYS thinking of my dream laundry room.

Sebrina Wilson said...

oh I love all of them!! One day.....