Monday, June 15, 2009

Graduation Day!!

Today my Sammy "graduated" from preschool. Now, normally I don't like or agree with these pseudo graduations. In fact I tend to openly mock graduations from elementary school and junior high. I think it takes away from the real graduation day of high school or university, but this was just way too cute. Grace attended the same preschool and so I knew what to expect but the cuteness factor was not overshadowed by the fact that this was not my first one.

The kids were taken into one room and we were all seated in those way too small chairs and waited for their entrance. Their teacher, who is pretty much the sweetest person on Earth, brought them in all lined up. Each child had their name called and they walked under the little arbour all dressed in caps and gowns. They were given the certificate and a scrapbook of their time at preschool. The scrapbook blows me away. Each special day, theme day, field trip, etc was documented with pictures, stories, and more. It was beyond cute and the work that must have gone into making it blows me away.



Sam getting his certificate, not looking overly thrilled.


Still not so sure of all this...

Trying to ignore me...

A little smile!

Sam and Mommy....



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet. *melt*

Ericka said...

That is so funny, I wished this year my little guy had a 'graduation' party....
What's kindergarten like for you - all day, half day????
Congratulations big guy!

Jenn said...

Hey Ericka,

Kindergarten here differs a bit from school to school but for Sam it will be Mon-Fri 1220 to 3pm....I am a bit nervous as he is quite shy and doesn't like to be too far from me...

Kristen Howerton said...

How funny - I just blogged about the same thing. I share your feelings on the pseudo-graduation and just had to do one for Jafta even though he has another whole year of kindergarten!