Tuesday, March 9, 2010

In other news...

So...for those of you who aren't in the know we have had some pretty big news brewing around here. We are going to be a family of eight...baby #6 is on his/her way this Summer. It has taken us a while to get our heads around this and to say this was a complete surprise would be the understatement of the year....I was at the point where in life that I didn't want to do do the baby thing again. I didn't long for a baby. Seeing little babies at the mall didn't not make my uterus quiver. I was content to be a mom to five, to finally get some time to myself, to be able to go away with my girlfriends and my husband sans children. I am sure I sound selfish and unappreciative but it is honest.

Now that I am in my second trimester and have seen the baby on ultrasound and felt the first kicks, I am better. I am still in a state of denial at times but I am sure as the weeks go by I will get more and more excited to meet this new little person. So, stay tuned....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!

Is it mine????

Love to you & yours!

xoxo
Corey

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Jen and Phil and family!!!! How incredible!!!

I am big believer in that somehow the "surprises" end up being some of our hugest blessings in life :)

Are you going to find out if you're expecting a boy/girl? (maybe you said it in the post, but I was so exicted I might have missed it!)

:) Sarah

Chris said...

congratulation!!!
How exiting !

Not Betty Crocker said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!

Jenn said...

Yes, Corey!! It is yours! It will be shipped to you in about 20 weeks...

blessedfamily said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Congrats Jen! Sooo are you gonna change your blog to growing to eight? orrrr growing...

veggiemom said...

Holy cow!!! Congratulations!!!

Ericka said...

JENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness!!!!
Congratulations!
Beyond Happy here!
And the house....absolutely gorgeous!!!

blessedfamily said...

Hi Jen,
Does baby make 8 yet? Just wondering how things are going.

Chris said...

Where are you? Keep looking for baby news ? I would love to follow you in FB.
Please
dandcmartel@comcast.net
or you can look me up under
christine Vallee Martel
Thanks :)